Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.(0)89.
When I added the system for escaping %d and %s to protect scripts, I accidentally put it in front of the pre-defined translations of Vocab. As a result it was still feeding those to Sugoi and getting horrible translations.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've noticed a weird custom script in Ace that is highlighting a standing picture depending on the character speaking.
It does that by looking at the specific first characters of a text box.
That means if you translated the character names no standing picture during dialogue will get the highlighting.

This seems to be really rare and I don't think making automation for it is reasonable, but just in case someone encounters it:

The script is called 立ち絵【喋る人明るさ自動】and the bit to change the entries looks like this:
JavaScript:
if  text[0] == "K" &&
    text[1] == "u" &&
    text[2] == "r" &&
    text[3] == "e" &&
    text[4] == "h" &&
    text[5] == "a" ||

{next entry}
(In this example the name of the person that should be highlighted is Kureha)

Games & Games

May 7, 2023
Where can I get the RPG Maker VX editor because I have a game and I need to edit its font and all I need is this editor?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
In the additional tools package I extract it and put it in the folder, but it says it's not installed when I open it using SSELauncher and then RPGVX.
I don't know, I can't replicate that, and I did not make that editor.
I just open SSELauncher, it opens a small new window with a VXAce icon, I double click that icon and it launches normally.

Foxy-Sama

Oct 5, 2017
I don't know why but when I try to export in either a folder or a zip file, it crash after some times with no error message.
I have no problem during the step before.

I'm in Japanese Local if it mean anything

Here all the step I did before exporting :
  1. Extraction (rgss2a)
  2. Start a New Project in SLR, Parser
  3. Prepare Project For Batch Translation
  4. Batch Translation
  5. Fix Cell
  6. (Ctrl+ F) SHISAYE
  7. Remove translations from 8 errors
  8. Automatic Word Warping (psize because game use avatar)
  9. Export

Reactions: Jhul

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I don't know why but when I try to export in either a folder or a zip file, it crash after some times with no error message.
I have no problem during the step before.

I'm in Japanese Local if it mean anything

Here all the step I did before exporting :
  1. Extraction (rgss2a)
  2. Start a New Project in SLR, Parser
  3. Prepare Project For Batch Translation
  4. Batch Translation
  5. Fix Cell
  6. (Ctrl+ F) SHISAYE
  7. Remove translations from 8 errors
  8. Automatic Word Warping (psize because game use avatar)
  9. Export
rgss2a means you are dealing with an old VX title. Those sometimes have completely bloated files.
My guess would be that it's running out of allocated Ram and crashing. (Sadly it doesn't actually use all you have right now.)
Please try to export it in chunks instead of the whole thing at once and see if that works.
Not one by one, but maybe export 100 Maps at a time or something like that.

If it still crashes try one by one and tell me which file exactly crashes, and please tell me what game we are talking about.

Reactions: Foxy-Sama

Foxy-Sama

Oct 5, 2017
rgss2a means you are dealing with an old VX title. Those sometimes have completely bloated files.
My guess would be that it's running out of allocated Ram and crashing. (Sadly it doesn't actually use all you have right now.)
Please try to export it in chunks instead of the whole thing at once and see if that works.
Not one by one, but maybe export 100 Maps at a time or something like that.

If it still crashes try one by one and tell me which file exactly crashes, and please tell me what game we are talking about.
I'll try to do it in chunks, if it doesn't work I'll attach the Trans file to this message.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
if it doesn't work I'll attach the Trans file to this message.
The trans file alone doesn't work unless you also have the staging data in the cache.

In that case, please just tell me the DLsite code of the game so I can get it and try the whole process on my end.

linranni

Mar 12, 2022
Umm. this is my first time translate a game and i use ur slr but when i patch it and open, this massage appear, what should i do ?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Umm. this is my first time translate a game and i use ur slr but when i patch it and open, this massage appear, what should i do ?
That message says you are missing a font file.
If that really only happens after applying the translation try using the search function and type in "mplus" to see if there actually is a cell with that name.
If there is, make sure it's not translated.
If there isn't, tell me where you got the game so I can test it on my end.

linranni

Mar 12, 2022
That message says you are missing a font file.
If that really only happens after applying the translation try using the search function and type in "mplus" to see if there actually is a cell with that name.
If there is, make sure it's not translated.
If there isn't, tell me where you got the game so I can test it on my end.
thats work thankyou

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released 1.090.
It will now try a lot harder to detect font and other file names in plugins and tag them red.
It will now also automatically escape all lines that have a common filename or standard font name in them.
This might cause some lines to not be translated, that should be translated, but I think that's worth it to prevent file related crashes.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sory for bothering u again, i was trying to traslate this game https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...pg-ntr-rj01035012-aritei.183397/post-14570590 and get error SHISAYE.WRONGCOMMAND since there no explanation about this error idk how to fix it
btw here is the file
Weird, that error implies that the \oc custom command isn't actually present in the original and a mistake, and that would be really odd.
I'm guessing it's getting confused because it's 3 different commands directly connected and a false flag.
I'll look into it later.

Reactions: linranni

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sory for bothering u again, i was trying to traslate this game https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...pg-ntr-rj01035012-aritei.183397/post-14570590 and get error SHISAYE.WRONGCOMMAND since there no explanation about this error idk how to fix it
btw here is the file
Please try again using SLR Translator v1.91.
I "think" I've fixed the escaper.

While the issue doesn't actually cause serious harm, because the error system is working correctly, I still strongly recommend everyone to update to v1.91.

linranni

Mar 12, 2022
Please try again using SLR Translator v1.91.
I "think" I've fixed the escaper.

While the issue doesn't actually cause serious harm, because the error system is working correctly, I still strongly recommend everyone to update to v1.91.
after use this ver i cant export the data it come error like
"Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\.Tool\SLR Translator\www\php\cache\FC3V7MyVBK\data\data\Actors.json'
Parsing plugins.js"
but the js file still export normaly