VN Ren'Py Monster Girl Rehab/Research [Development Thread]

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Updates + beginning sketches:

Did more code, im almost caught up with what i had written previously, and i have ideas for the future. Among those ideas is fleshing out the first party you meet. Here are my own sketches of them... alongside the placeholders i was using before :HideThePain:

Mesa, an Elk girl
mesa.png
Loren, a probably not elf archer
lr.png
Theo, a knight/marauder
th.png

More updates to come o7

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Redid my placeholder sketch of Mesa as part of my art practice. Here's the sketch followed by my shitty attempt at coloring it.

More game progress info below

mesa2.png mesa2c.png

More actual updates to come. It'll probably take me like 2-3 more days to catch up the code to the currently written story, then i'll start writing more. I'm still unsure where 0.1.0 will end as far as story goes but if i want to get the game out any time soon, it'll probably be pretty soon after leaving the prologue cave.

With that said, the currently written story goes as far as day 2 or 3 inside the cave. Unsure how many days the player will be in that cave for, just that it should be long enough for a short "Enemies to lovers" story between Gira and the player. Or at the very least a short "Enemies to travel buddies" story, with their relationship being fleshed out more beyond 0.1.0

With the way the prologue is currently written though, there will probably only be like 2-3 lewd scenes, one or two of which would be with Gira.

That being said, since the relationship between the player and Gira during the prologue only goes as far as "I guess I'll follow you around", I can reasonably imagine a voyeurism scene between the two in the cave. With that in mind, what kinds of scenes would you like to see on release? I'd tentatively say I'm aiming for at least 2 other scenes but depending on the responses it could be more or less.

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Once again, the 2-3 day code catch up estimation was an undershot due to end of semester shenanigans.

To make up for it though, I've written outlines for pretty much the rest of the prologue. At the moment I'm just aiming for 0.1.0 to be the prologue. Currently planned gameplay elements are pretty much just point-and-click for 0.1.0 at the moment. Also getting Gira re-sprited and getting Mesa properly sprited by Naju. Will post screenshots of them when I get the final pieces.

Assuming I have more time tomorrow (I should) I'll actually sit down and grind out some more story.

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Story: no major developments, fleshing out the outline i spoke about in the previous post
Code: wrote some more dialogue. brainstorm for point and click sections has begun. This will lead into the "trainer" gameplay section of the game for the prologue.
Art: got a sketch of the new Gira design back from Naju, here's a sneak peek -

GiraTease.PNG

She has actual clothes now :PogChamp:

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Busy week, even busier weekend. Semester's almost over though so come Thursdayish i should be able to devote more time to MGR. The comm of Gira is getting close to finishing though.

I'll aim to complete at least one day of story by wednesday at the latest. More updates to come.

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Classes are over, I can dedicate my time to MGR for the next two weeks (when im not doing job apps or practicing art).

Apologies for the silence, I've been really busy. Updates on the way.

Rolylo

Dec 28, 2019
Cave Day 1 (of 5) first draft complete. Have some deliberating to do on some game systems (whether certain stats should exist or if they'll only end up being redundant or overall just not feeling interesting.) and finally reached the first point in the game the player will gain access to their journal (probably).

Day 2's first draft will probably start later today or tomorrow. This next week im pretty much completely free so i am to complete more than one day's first story draft, we'll see how far I get.

Once all of 0.1.0's story is complete i'll start implementing more visual or interesting stuff to report on.