VN Ren'Py Happy Birthday me! Development Thread [Development Thread]

Oct 21, 2023
What kind of prompts do you use with Luma? You're getting really good static camera results. Often the camera just goes crazy in my animation

I actually just posted an update about Luma in my dev thread lol https://f95zone.to/threads/no-trace-of-luck-pre-release-development-thread-godot.204911/
Hah, well, tbh haven't cracked the code yet. And from discussions with the devs on discord - there isn't really a way to reliably get a desired cam movement + character movement.
Those 2 of yours I'd say to look even better than mine. That mirror one is top notch!

Those you see here - every one had different prompt. "Idle animation", "static camera", "camera locked off", some just bare "anime girl".
And for every one there is 4 failed ones. So it's more of a RNG situation you see.

Oct 21, 2023
Two major breakthroughs!
1 - I downloaded, toyed with, and learned first bits of Live2D!
It honestly doesn't look that hard, although it will be a lot of work.

2 - Finally cleaned training set and trained my Luna's LoRA for Pony! It didn't cooked perfectly, actually I am struggling to get the quality I achieved in XL, but I am sure I just need to rewrite prompts correctly. And it unlocks a real of possibilities unseen in XL!

1719277330868.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
That's exactly what I am saying.
Although - to be specific - it was 2 AI's.
SDXL made the image, the other one animated it.
But the last piece of a puzzle - which was already shared - I left for you to find ^^
AHHhhhhhhhhHHH. Found it.

For anyone else stupid like me, lumalabs.ai is the secret sauce.

Reactions: mypossiblepasts
Oct 21, 2023
1719680739550.png
I want to write a review for each of those - just a couple of sentences + if it's play or skip.
But I cannot get myself to start writing ;_;

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
But I cannot get myself to start writing ;_;
I use the "just 5 minutes" technique.

Open the editor.
Promise yourself that you can stop after 5 minutes and go do the other thing that is dragging you away from your task. Start writing, it's only 5 mins, it won't be that hard.
inevitably I find myself still going 30 mins to 2 hours later.

The other thing I do is stop myself from alt-tabbing when something takes a little bit of time (i.e. 30 sec for a render) - too easy to get lost and forget to come back. The way I do this is to not have the browser/etc open or at least not visible.

• Hey there
Reactions: mypossiblepasts
Oct 21, 2023
The other thing I do is stop myself from alt-tabbing when something takes a little bit of time (i.e. 30 sec for a render) - too easy to get lost and forget to come back. The way I do this is to not have the browser/etc open or at least not visible.
Oh yeah, alt tabing is my nemesis, but honestly I am too weak to fight it.

The 5 min though... Need to try it.
If there was some real deadline, it'd be super easy. I'd wait to the last possible moment before, and clutched it last second.

Oct 21, 2023
it is something I was actively putting effort to make reality
now that it's over, realization hits, achieving it is a little saddening
Let me be first person to send you wishes: Happy Birthday yesterdays me!