VN Ren'Py Destined Dreams [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
that looks absolutely amazing :love: , good luck with it man!
are the animations gonna be hand drawn too or are you using skeletal animation?
I appreciate that! Most of the animations gonna be hand drawn but also I'll try to do some stuff with Live2d. Whichever fits the most will be in the final version.

melwen

Jan 10, 2024

I’m still working on backgrounds and characters. Characters are almost finished, what’s left about this part of the development is expressions and hand gestures which would be easier because I have the base for them.

Meantime, I’m still practicing with Ren’Py and embedding the script into codes. That would make everything a lot easier in the future. I know I need to keep it organized so I don’t lose myself in the future process.

Also I’m developing what we can call a personality system which I am adding extra dialogue for script for it to work properly. I’ll have extra notes and explanations about this later.

I will share more LEWD pictures this weekend.

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
Hello everyone. I have been focusing on character expressions and gestures also coding on Ren'Py with placeholder backgrounds. But still, here is what you guys are expecting the most. Another sneak-peek.

2.png

xell_

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2017
23/05/2024

Today I'm continuing to finish up the characters. Also fixed some issues with the branching dialogs with some LI's. I'll be working on backgrounds once I'm done with all the characters before moving on to the animations.

Here is a sneak peek of how Destined Dreams characters will look like underneath the clothing.
Others are good too but this one will carry the game bro keep up the good work, i cant wait to play it already :love:

• Love
Reactions: melwen

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
23/06/2024

Long time no see everyone! I have been working non-stop since my last update. I couldn't give solid updates because I was mostly re-doing and altering most of the "completed" stuff. Here is a list of everything I did in the past few weeks. Also, story-wise, I made some touches to world-building such as office names, street names, etc.

MC's naked body has been drawn.
Office outfits and colors have been altered.
MC's body and arms have been changed to fit in his new clothes.
His poses and expressions are 90% completed.

. 1.png

2.png

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
post2.png

Here is Lily! She may look like your typical girl next door, but she is much more than that. Yes, I'm talking about the kinks she has . She is all about nature and bondage. Yeah, it's a weird combination but I never said she would be a naive one . I'm planning a fully animated LEWD scene for her in Episode 1. That scene includes some hot yoga stuff! And a huge surprise scene. And believe me, the next update with LI will get you more excited!​

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
17/07/2024

Hello everyone. I have been working on embedding the dialogs into the code for the past weeks. On the art part, I focused on backgrounds as most of the workload was on them. I have finished all the backgrounds for Episode 1. The hard part is over, I can say that because It was the most boring part for me. Drawing characters and making scenes are the fun parts I enjoy along with the writing. I'll be writing up a summary of what has been done in the couple of months next.​

Last edited:

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
July Update

Hello everyone. The last months were a rush for me and god, I have been enjoying it so much. I want to make a quick summary of what has been done in the past months.

You can follow my for free or become a member to support the project.

Story

I think the best thing I did was write the story in advance. Every character has layers and the story became so mature along the way. I added and removed so much stuff since I started writing but I'm done editing the script. The only changes that will be now are some minor dialogs, no major changes are expected.

Characters

The part that I enjoy the most. Drawing characters. It's the most challenging one but, the most essential also. So I'm nitpicking while making every character. Because every character has to be in final form before I move on to start embedding the code fully. It's coming to an end but like I said, I'm making lot's of changes while finalizing the characters.

Backgrounds

DONE. Finally, I can proudly say that I finished one aspect of the game without anything left. It was the most boring part for me but I did it in the end. I'll be giving some sneak peeks about backgrounds but that would be a boring update, so I'll share some pictures along with some LI updates.

Coding

I coded some of the systems that I wanted in the game. Nothing major but they are ready. I need some more art before working on that part.

General Updates

I found some suitable music that I liked for the game. I will be recording some classical guitar parts as well but I'm not planning on doing that before finishing up all the important work. So. that's on hold now. I didn't started working on UI but since I'm experienced in this area, I got some cool ideas and I'll be implementing them soon.

Thank you and see you soon! Next post will be about another LI that is Skye. Here is a sneak peek for you :love:

skye 2.png

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
19/07/2024 - Backgrounds Update

Hello everyone! I have been working on backgrounds non-stop for the last 2 weeks. I tried different methods to make it easier for me as it was taking so much workload which I could use to create characters and LEWD scenes. First, I designed the scenes in Daz3D and then used them as a reference. I was already planning on drawing via references so I decided to make my own references using DAZ. It worked quite well and it suits the game theme. I redrawn the scenes using the references so I can proudly say that even background references are made by me. Here are some examples of backgrounds. I know it is a boring update but I wanted to share what was bothering me for the past 2 weeks.

BG.png

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
23/06/2024

Long time no see everyone! I have been working non-stop since my last update. I couldn't give solid updates because I was mostly re-doing and altering most of the "completed" stuff. Here is a list of everything I did in the past few weeks. Also, story-wise, I made some touches to world-building such as office names, street names, etc.

. View attachment 3760846

View attachment 3762440
bahaha the different poses look so weird without different expressions :KEK:

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
Update About Poses

Hello everyone. I finished posing for LI Lily. I'll be working on expressions after finishing all poses on characters because It's an easier task for me. I wanted to share some of her poses. Have a nice day!

mt2syy860cfd1.jpeg

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
23/06/2024

. View attachment 3760846

View attachment 3762440
Great artwork, dev!

I want to chime in that there is a certain charm to your main character's large forearms. It's a reminiscent of classic animation artstyle like the older Disney characters like Gaston. Large forearms, short but wide V-shaped torso (or tucked-in high waist trousers). This guy has all those vibes. Visually, of course! He looks like a nice guy!

Love it!

Reactions: melwen

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
Great artwork, dev!

I want to chime in that there is a certain charm to your main character's large forearms. It's a reminiscent of classic animation artstyle like the older Disney characters like Gaston. Large forearms, short but wide V-shaped torso (or tucked-in high waist trousers). This guy has all those vibes. Visually, of course! He looks like a nice guy!

Love it!
Thank you so much! I have been working on artwork so much for the last couple of weeks. Outcome is coming out like I expected so I'm more excited to share them!

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
221post2.png

Meet Elizabeth

A shy-looking secretary of the advertising firm. She will be working together with MC, Jason. Like all of us, Elizabeth has dreams too. But, she is stuck in her full-time job and too afraid to pursue her dreams. Becoming an actress Will Jason be able to help her? Or is he going to pretend that he is helping her? It's up to you.

Elizabeth
is one of the first LI's I created for Destined Dreams. Her character even helped with how I should proceed in this game. Also the inspiration for the title, Dreams. We all wanted to become someone. Do something that we would love. But, most of us are stuck in our daily jobs and too afraid to follow our ideals because we are living in our comfort zone. With Elizabeth's path, we can choose to help her achieve her dreams. She has an important presence in Episode 1, which I don't want to spoil much.

About Development Process

I have been working constantly for the past month working on character poses still. This is still the hardest, and the most important step for the development process of the game alongside with the LEWD scenes. I want to give weekly updates but, for example, last week I detailed previously drawn poses and I don't want to publish it as an update because I know It's boring and not an actual update on itself.

I will be working faster from now on with the poses and after that, I'll try to share some LEWD scenes. All scenes are written and they will be designed as is.

Also, I want to clarify that I won't be copying poses to all other characters. I'm drawing all of them one by one, this is the main reason It's taking so long.

Thank you.

Reactions: GreenOwl

melwen

Jan 10, 2024

Hello everyone.

I'm starting to embed the art into coding. Now, I'm drawing simultaneously with the coding. I'm not a developer which sometimes makes it harder for me but I'm improving myself each day. I wanted to share some screenshots in-game because that's a huge milestone for me. Finally, things are coming together. I'm happy with the process so far because I'm doing everything by myself.

Now as you see in the in-game footage, which is very raw at the moment, I started embedding dialogs from the script to Ren'Py. I layered character bodies for expressions and poses which makes my work quite easier in the coding part.

I still have 3 more characters to draw, after that, I'll be in full development mode and will try to finish a playable demo by this year. This playable demo will showcase the strengths of Destined Dreams: choices and interesting storylines with 2D animated sex scenes.

I'm planning on making the first animated LEWD scene this following week and see how it goes. I'll update you about this one too.

Thank you for being there this early.

ingame_3.png

ingame_1.png

PS: UI is NOT finalized and will be updated.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xell_

melwen

Jan 10, 2024

Hello everyone. I wanted to give you a quick update about Destined Dreams development. I'm working harder than ever in the past couple of weeks. I can proudly say that 70% of Episode 1's art is completed. I'm making the game in Ren'Py while I'm working on art and that fastens the process.

Also I'm testing some 2D LEWD animations using Live2D and It is going fantastic as well. I want to share some footage to you soon about this matter.

Thank you.​

Reactions: GreenOwl
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote