Ren'Py My screen twitches to black when playing renpy game animations

kirtash95

Nov 20, 2017
Hi, i just want to know if this is common and if there is a way to fix this.

Like the title says my game windows slightly twitches black when playing renpy animations. It's not the worst but can be pretty annoying. I have updated my drivers. This is a problem i have with different games from different authors.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Hi, i just want to know if this is common and if there is a way to fix this.

Like the title says my game windows slightly twitches black when playing renpy animations. It's not the worst but can be pretty annoying. I have updated my drivers. This is a problem i have with different games from different authors.
Might be a rendering thing.

Press and hold both keys Shift + G once the Ren'Py VN has started and then from there, pick the graphics acceleration option that pops up and choose "Angle2 renderer" to see if that fixes your problem. Restart the Ren'Py .exe application after and start up the game as you normally would after changing the base render. If angle 2 renderer doesn't work try out different renders to see if it helps fix your issue.

kirtash95

Nov 20, 2017
Might be a rendering thing.

Press and hold both keys Shift + G once the Ren'Py VN has started and then from there, pick the graphics acceleration option that pops up and choose "Angle2 renderer" to see if that fixes your problem. Restart the Ren'Py .exe application after and start up the game as you normally would after changing the base render. If angle 2 renderer doesn't work try out different renders to see if it helps fix your issue.
Thanks, it actually worked. I think i tried this for other games but i forgot to restart the game so i didn't see the changes

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Thanks, it actually worked. I think i tried this for other games but i forgot to restart the game so i didn't see the changes
Glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Yeah, in order for the changes to stick, you have to restart your game to see them reflected once you reboot the game's executable again.