VN Others Koikatu or modeling software?

Solince

Jun 22, 2021
I want to start out by saying that I am new to this so if I step on some toes when asking what I am about to ask then I apologize.

I am in the process of writing what I hope to before a game I want to develop with some dedicated friends of mine however we are lacking one crucial thing and that is character models. The game I want to make would have the same graphical style as games such as "Corrupted Kingdom" or "Demons Of The Hearth". The anime cell shaded stuff really appeals to me but I have no idea how it's made.
One of my of my friends suggested using Koikatu Party to make the models but I'm seeing mixed info on the website if that would be possible given legality. After doing some research I found that company who made the software shut down. Is it at all possible to make a game using it or is there some other program that is used to make the model?
I am not apposed to learning how to model them if I have to, I just want to know if it's possible to use koikatu since it would make it someone easier to dip my toes into game creation.

Feb 17, 2023
Chara Studio, which is a program shipped alongside Koikatsu is definitely the way to go for anime shaded characters. That's where the games you mentioned were made. It is fine to monetize games that uses these characters in Patreon and Itch.io, just look around in this website a lot of people do that. But you won't be able to sell the game with koikatsu characters on Steam specifically

Reactions: Solince

Solince

Jun 22, 2021
Chara Studio, which is a program shipped alongside Koikatsu is definitely the way to go for anime shaded characters. That's where the games you mentioned were made. It is fine to monetize games that uses these characters in Patreon and Itch.io, just look around in this website a lot of people do that. But you won't be able to sell the game with koikatsu characters on Steam specifically
Thanks for the advice, this actually helps a lot since i was wondering about this for awhile now. I see a lot of people on the site talk about Daz but i couldnt find anything other then that and it did not seem like the right fit for the style i wanted.